Work for FAR
Program Associate, Fund for Academic Renewal
The Fund for Academic Renewal (FAR), a program of the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA), seeks a program associate. FAR furthers ACTA’s mission by assisting higher education donors in making gifts that foster academic freedom, academic excellence, and accountability at U.S. colleges and universities. An appreciation for the importance of philanthropy in American civil society and an interest in higher education reform are essential for success in this position.
The program associate is expected to be personable, well organized, highly motivated, detail oriented, and principled. The highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty is expected. The program associate reports directly to FAR’s executive director and, ultimately, to ACTA’s president.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Research current and prospective college donors, as well as wealth advisers and others who guide philanthropic decisions of high-net-worth individuals.
- Draft content for printed publications to advance FAR’s mission, particularly the next edition of The Intelligent Donor’s Guide.
- Organize annual conference for faculty, as well as regional salons for wealth advisors and philanthropists.
- Draft and assemble content for the FAR newsletter, as well as the FAR blog, FAR LinkedIn page, and other social media platforms.
- Record and acknowledge all FAR correspondence and donations; oversee and maintain FAR Salesforce database.
- Provide day-to-day general support for department, including managing time-sensitive projects.
This is an entry-level position. Candidates must possess a four-year undergraduate degree; a passion for higher education reform and the role of philanthropy in civil society; strong attention to detail; excellent writing skills; the ability to interact with a diverse constituent base; and proficiency with MS Office Suite. Experience using Salesforce or other constituent databases is preferred but not required. ACTA provides an excellent benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical insurance, and commuter benefits.
To apply, email cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample of approximately 500 words to Nick Barden at email@example.com.