The Fund for Academic Renewal guides donors through the giving process, helping them to advance their vision for meaningful higher education philanthropy.
In addition to helping donors locate programs worthy of their support, FAR also serves as a resource for donors for understanding gift agreements and implementing gift restrictions. FAR may also assist donors in monitoring and evaluating implementation.
Here are some of the ways FAR serves donors:
- FAR helps donors translate their aspirations into specific philanthropic objectives by identifying meritorious campus programs and activities.
- FAR works with donors to create proposals for new projects or initiatives. We understand how to work with college faculty and other campus leaders to develop innovative opportunities for students to enrich their college experiences.
- FAR assists alumni from a particular college or college class, families who wish to establish a memorial fund, and other groups of individuals with a common purpose in order to make a joint gift.
- FAR partners with donors and their advisors to structure gifts that avoid ambiguities about intent.
- FAR may assist donors in monitoring the implementation and success of their gifts.
When donors are contemplating major gifts, FAR serves as a resource to financial advisors and legal representatives to ensure all the “i”s are dotted and “t”s are crossed in thoughtfully drafted grant agreements. With access to a nationwide network of campus contacts and resources, FAR can help donors better understand how to navigate the higher education system.
FAR is hands-on from start to finish, which takes the guesswork out of giving. Moreover, these services are provided at no cost thanks to the generous support of the Diana Davis Spencer Foundation.
Whether your intended gift is large or small, FAR has a giving program than can be tailored to your individual interests and financial circumstances.
Neither FAR nor ACTA offers legal or tax advice. Donors should always consult their personal advisors before making a gift.